Data Protection Policy
The purpose of this “Data Protection Policy” is to inform you on how ATC manages Personal Data which is subject to the PDPA. Please read this Data Protection Policy to understand the purposes for which we collect, use and/or disclose your Personal Data.
Our Data Protection Policy complements, but does not limit or replace, the purposes for which you provide ATC with your Personal Data which may be expressly stated in any form for submission of Personal Data to ATC. ATC may from time to time update the Data Protection Policy to ensure that the Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements under the laws of Singapore.
You agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on this page.
1. Personal Data
In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
2. Collection of Personal Data
It is a continuing condition of your ATC membership, ATC sponsorship, ATC partnership as well as your access to and use of the ATC’s website that you consent to the collection, storing, accessing, reviewing, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data (including sensitive Personal Data) about you, whether obtained from you or other sources, by us and all other persons and entities involved in ATC’s programme and/or events for the purposes listed in paragraph 3 below.
We collect your Personal Data in the following ways:
- when you submit a registration form for events and/or programmes organised by ATC; or
- when you attend an ATC event and you provide us with your business card or identification card for verification purposes.
Express written consent will be sought from you with regard to the collection, storing, accessing, reviewing, use, disclosure and/or processing of your Personal Data (ie: checking against a box under the registration form, when you register with ATC).
Examples of your Personal Data which may be so collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for ATC programme include, but is not limited to, the following:
- your name, your identification number, telephone number, mailing address, financial details and any other information relating to you which you have provided to us in any forms you may have submitted to us or in other forms of interaction with you; and
- information about your usage of and interaction with ATC’s website traffic data, location data, originating domain name of a user’s internet service provider, statistics on page views, cookies, IP addresses and browser, which we use for administration purposes and statistical analysis.
Some of this Personal Data will be aggregated, so ATC is not able to identify you individually. We may also collect data about you from other sources, in order to help us improve and further personalise our services to you.
Whilst we will take reasonable steps to accurately record your Personal Data, we require that you provide us with accurate and complete Personal Data, and update such Personal Data provided to us, from time to time. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with information regarding our events and activities.
3. Purposes for Collection and Use of Your Personal Data
ATC collects and uses your Personal Data for the following purposes and/or any other administrative or operational purposes and/or the purpose of managing your relationship as a member, non-member, customer, partner, sponsor and content provider (as the case may be) with ATC:
- to keep you updated about ATC activities such as the conduct of workshops, networking events, seminars and upcoming delegations by way of electronic communications or telephone calls; and
- to keep you informed of all the developments within ATC by way of electronic communications.
4.Security and Disclosure of Personal Data
ATC will take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, and access to your Personal Data will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle.
Subject to the provisions of any applicable law, your Personal Data may be disclosed, for the purposes listed in paragraph 3 above. ATC will not keep Personal Data for longer than is necessary and will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal data if it is no longer needed.
5. Contacting Us for Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data that is in the possession or under the control of ATC
- have any questions or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy; and/or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your Personal Data records,
please do so through one of following ways:
- Clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ function in the mailer;
- Contacting ATC Membership department at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATC reserves the right to charge a fee (representing its costs in administering your request) for supplying such information and to refuse requests which, in our opinion, occur with unreasonable frequency.
ATC will also, where you have requested that ATC correct an error or omission in the Personal Data about you that is kept with ATC, correct such data as soon as practicable and send the corrected Personal Data to every organisation to which the Personal Data was sent before it had been corrected, unless that organisation does not need the corrected Personal Data for any legal or business purpose.
ATC may however choose not to provide you with access to or correct such information, in accordance with the exceptions under the PDPA. This would include cases where:
- ATC is satisfied on reasonable grounds that the correction should not be made;
- The request for access is frivolous or vexatious or the information requested is trivial;
- The Personal Data is related to a prosecution and all the proceedings related to the prosecution have not been completed;
- The Personal Data, if disclosed, would reveal confidential commercial information that could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of the organisation; and
- The Personal Data was collected, used or disclosed for the purposes of an investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed.
6. Transborder Data Flows
If your Personal Data is transferred to a country or territory outside Singapore, for instance, if your Personal Data is required for administrative or operational purposes in ATC, we will ensure that the recipients thereof provide a standard of protection to your Personal Data so transferred that is comparable to that which is provided herein.
7. Enquiries and Complaints
If your Personal Data is however provided to ATC by a third party (e.g. a referrer), please contact that organisation or individual to make such query, complaint, access and correction request.
This Data Protection Policy shall be governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore. For more information, please visit: https://www.pdpc.gov.sg/legislation-and-guidelines